|Mahoning Valley Thunder|
|Owner||Insight Entertainment, LLC|
|Head coach||Chris MacKeown|
|Home arena||Covelli Centre|
|City, State||Youngstown, Ohio|
The team sold out their inaugural home game, on March 31, 2007, to a crowd of over 5,900 fans, while their 2nd home game entertained almost 4,800 fans, on April 21, 2007.
The Thunder's first head coach, Mike Hold, went 11-26 in his two-plus years at the helm. Hold was fired on April 28, 2009..
After going 0-3 under interim head coach, Brennan Booth, the Thunder named the franchise's second head coach, Chris MacKeown, on May 26, 2009. The team ended with a 2-14 record in 2009.
Attendance declined steadily over the three years, and the owners were unable to find investors to keep the team afloat . This led to an announcement on September 9, 2009 that the team will suspend operations indefinitely. It is assumed that the team will not return, as the af2 league disbanded the same day.
Note: W = Wins, L = Losses, T = Ties
|2007||7||9||0||3rd AC East||--|
|2008||3||13||0||4th AC East||--|
|2009||2||14||0||4th AC East|
- ↑ Shilling, Don and Joe Scalzo. "Mahoning Valley's least expensive seats are the most costly in its league." Vindy.com. March 29, 2007.
- ↑ "Thunder Fire Head Coach Mike Hold"
- ↑ "Thunder G.M. hopes for quick turnaround with new coach"
- ↑ "Mahoning Valley Thunder Faces Defeat" WKBN. Sept. 9, 2009
- ↑ "Youngstown Thunder af2 Team Folds" Youngstown Vindicator. Sept. 9, 2009